Admission into IUIU Kampala Campus is made thrice every academic year; in August, April and in January. The academic year begins in August and ends in July.
Students have the option to enroll for Day, Evening or Weekend Programmes. Day programmes are conducted from Monday to Friday starting at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the other hand evening programmes start from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
While weekend programmes are conducted on Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Evening and Weekend programmes are tailored for the convenience of employed students who have to keep at their jobs.
General Minimum Entry Requirements
1. Undergraduate Degree ProgrammesApplicants should have either:
- - At least 5 passes at O' level (UCE)
- - At least 2 principal passes at A'level (UACE)
- - A Diploma qualification from a recognized institution of Higher Learning OR
- - A pass in Mature Age Examinations.
2. Diploma ProgrammesApplicants should have either:
- - At least 5 passes at O'level (UCE)
- - At least 1 Principal pass at A' level (UACE) plus 2 subsidiary passes; OR
- - The equivalent of the above.
3.Postgraduate Degree and Diploma programmes;- First degree from a recognized university 4.Certificate Courses; - O' level certificate with at least 3 principle passes or A' level certificate with at least 2 subsidiaries.
Note: there are specific entry requirement for every programme a student would wish to pursue at the Islamic University in Uganda.
For any inquiries on applications for admission contact
The Academic Registrar Islamic University in Uganda
P.O Box 2555, Mbale,Uganda
Tel: +256 702 931 576
Or visit www.iuiu.ac.ug